Good, straightforward coaching video by Tom Lodziak.
The effects of long pimps are a little counter-intuitive, but they are predictable.
- Chops come to you with heavy backspin.
- Blocks come to you floaty / spin-free.
- Pushes come floaty or with a little topspin.
So here are some tactics:
- topspin your first shot, then when you get a chop back (it’ll be heavier-than-expected backspin);
- push your second shot, then when you get a push back (it’ll be float or even light topspin);
- attack strongly with a flatter topspin.
The recipe for success is to practice against players with long pimps!